Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Othello Act V Scene 1

Othello
Act V Scene i

Out on the street of Florida.

Iago and Roderigo enter.



Iago: (whispers to Roderigo) Wait here, this is our only chance, don’t mess this up. Keep your finger on the trigger.

Roderigo: Don’t go too far, something’s up.

Iago: I’ll be right over here hiding.

Iago moves aside.

Roderigo: You sure this is the only way, there’s no turning back? Once I pull this trigger he’s done.(pulls out his gun)

Iago: (to himself)My work here is done, it’s sure a win for me. If he kills Cassio I win, if Cassio kills Roderigo I win, if I kill Cassio then I win, if they kill each other I win(laughs, in silence)Oh I am so good. Here he comes.

Cassio enters.









Roderigo: I hear him, here he comes.(he shoots Cassio)



Cassio: (to Roderigo he points at the bulletproof vest)You should invest in a vest.(Cassio shoots Roderigo)



Roderigo: I’m hit, I’m hit.

Iago shoots Cassio in the leg from behind, then he exits.



Cassio: (in pain)My leg, I can’t feel my leg.

Othello enters.

Othello: (to himself)That’s Cassio, Iago must have got it done.

Roderigo: I’m a murderer.

Othello: Yup, you sure are.

From aside.

Cassio: Help me! Call the ambulance.

From aside.



Othello: (talking to himself )That’s the bold Iago. He even killed one to help a friend. I should learn something form you my man.(as if talking to Desdemona)You whore, I don’t have anything to do with you anymore. Your lover’s gone, and now it’s your turn die.

Othello exists. Lodovico and Gratiano enter.

Cassio: Help! Is anybody there?

From aside.



Gratiano: Something’s going on. That man sounds hurt.

From aside.

Cassio: Help!

From aside.



Lodovico: Do you hear that Gratiano?

From aside.

Roderigo: I’m such a murderer.

From aside.

Lodovico: Something is fishy, Gratiano. Do you hear that? Some guys are shouting out there in the dark. It’s better off if we don’t go there till we get some more men.

From aside.

Roderigo: If no one comes by now, I’m dead.(he looks at his shedding blood skeptically)Ah...look at all this blood.

Iago enters with a flashlight in his hand, and the beam of light hits into Gratiano’s face.

Gratiano: (with a hand over his face)Lower your flashlight man.

Iago approaches to where Gratiano and Lodovico are.

Iago: Who’s there? Who’s shouting like that?

Lodovico: How the heck are we supposed to know?

Iago: (to Gratiano and Lodovico) Didn’t you hear someone shouting?

From aside.



Cassio: I’m over here! Please help me.


Iago: What’s wrong?

Gratiano: (to Lodovico)That’s Othello’s lookout.

Lodovico: If he’s the general’s lookout, then he’s a good man.

Iago: (to Cassio)Who’s there yelling?

Cassio: (noticing Iago by his silhouette and his voice; relieved to see him)Is that you Iago? I’ve been shot. Please help.

Iago: (approaches to Cassio)Who did this to you?

Cassio: I think one of them is right over there. He’s also injured.

Iago: (calling out for Gratiano and Lodovico)Can you come and help?

From aside.

Roderigo: Someone help me! I’m losing a lot of blood. Help!

From aside.

Cassio: Hey, that’s one of the man who injured me.

Iago: (looks at Roderigo with great disgust)You killer!

Roderigo: (confused by his look)Damn Iago! What the hell is wrong with you all of a sudden?

Iago: (fakes it; goes to Roderigo)You’re a murderer Roderigo! What a shame.(he stabs Roderigo with a pocketknife; he hears footsteps)Who’s there? Another murderer?

Lodovico: Why don’t you look for yourself who I am.

Iago: Oh sorry, it’s you Lodovico.

Lodovico: You got that right.

Iago: Cassio is severely hurt.

Iago and Lodovico both go to Cassio.

Iago: (showing concern)How are you doing man?

Cassio: Not too good, they shot me.

Iago: Someone get the lights damn it! In the meantime, I’ll try to stop the bleeding with my shirt.

Bianca enters.



Bianca: What’s up with all this chaos.

Iago: Who’s that?

Bianca: (puts her hand over her mouth with the shock to see Cassio in his state)Cassio! Oh my God! Cassio!

Iago: (to Bianca)Shut up, you whore(to Cassio)Do you know who shot you?

Cassio: No.

Gratiano joins them.

Gratiano: Bloody hell. What happened? Cassio, I’ve been looking for you everywhere.

Iago: Somebody call an ambulance.

Bianca: Hurry, he’s hurt.

Iago: Bianca has something to do with this. That slut! I knew she had something to do with this. Cassio be careful, here let me lend you a hand.(he sees Roderigo coming; to Gratiano)Do you recognize him? It’s Roderigo.

Gratiano: Yes I do, he’s from New York, right?

Iago: Yeah that’s right. That’s him.

Roderigo all of a sudden drops dead on the floor. An ambulance comes.

Iago: Finally it has come.(to Bianca)Why don’t you just go home.(to Cassio)Why did Roderigo shoot you?

Cassio: (being put on the stretcher)I don’t even know him.

Both Cassio and Roderigo are taken away. Emilia enters.


Iago: (to Bianca) You don’t look too good. You slut! Something tells me that you have got to do with all of this.

Emilia: What’s the matter Iago?

Iago: Roderigo and some other men who escaped have injured Cassio. Cassio’s been taken to the hospital... nearly dieing. As for Roderigo he’s already dead.

Emilia: Oh no poor Cassio. He was a fine man, Cassio.

Iago: Emilia go to Cassio when he’s in a better condition and ask him where he has been at dinner.(to Bianca)Does that make you nervous, huh, Bianca?



Bianca: Cassio was at my house eating dinner with me. And tell me why would I be nervous?

Iago: Oh really is that so.(to Bianca)You need to come with me.

Emilia: You b****!

Bianca: If I’m a bitch what does that make you?

Emilia: F*** you!

Iago: (to the others)Let’s go and see how Cassio is doing. Emilia go tell Othello and Desdemona what happened. (to Bianca)And you missy, come with us and in the meantime you can tell us another fabricated story.

They all exit.

No comments: